Saturday 24 October 2009

From Your (Moulin Rouge) World

This song was picturized by the 'neher wala pull' of Lahore many summers ago. The hero is seen keeping over his shoulder that sweater he picked up from the local Landa Bazaar.

At 1:00 he starts to walk backwards. This has a perfectly logical explanation: he is about to enter the FATA area.

Then suddenly the hero finds that the man he truly loved is married to a (gulp) a woe-man! The woe-man can't help but cry her lungs out; she will soon face (more gulp) the wrath of the backward Khan!

And now the lyrics in English (note: Moulin Rouge is a secret code for Maulana Raaj):

*********************************

From your (Moulin Rouge) world, helplessly I move away
I'm going very far, exceedingly far, going extremely faaaar

So far that I'm unable to (buy a) return (ticket)
[A poppy-filled truck appears in the background]
Such a MAN-zil where I'm even unable to find myself
What is the x-cuse (excuse me)?
What is the x-cuse, even this I'm ashamed to explain?

From your (Moulin Rouge) world, helplessly I move away
I'm going very far, exceedingly far, going extremely faaaar

[At 2:22, the wedding party mounts the Honda VTi 1800cc and rides into a dusty sunset. The local minors see the guests off. By 2:44, the hero's Peshawari sandals have been identified by the ATF: Aunty Terrorist Farce!]

If my eyes overflow (with commotion), I'll drink that tear-soda
If I utter an aah (or an ooh), I'll slap some masking tape over my lips
[At 3;10, he surveys his under-construction den of sin whose 'naqsha' has just been re-arranged by the Predater drones of Mrika]
I've promised you
I've promised you, that's why I'll live (and apply for a fresh Mrikan visa)

From your (Moulin Rouge) world, helplessly I move away
I'm going very far, exceedingly far, going extremely faaaar

[By 3:59, the hero appears at the railway station without buying a platform ticket and hopes to ride the last 'chota dibba' of the Narowal Express. He stops to adjust his wig. The girls hug. The great Khans do the same but all that is kept off-camera.]

Stay happy wherever you are, take my best (wet) wishes with you
Your (British Rail) line is (somehow) different from my (London Tube) line
Nothing is with me (what the hell can be?)
Nothing is with me except my fetal mistakes

From your (Moulin Rouge) world, helplessly I move away
I'm going very far, exceedingly far, going extremely faaaar

[The train, all decked up like a bride, moves away from Samasatta station and heads for God knows where.]

------------------THEEND----------------------



Trailer:

Next attraction: KaNta Laga (ha..Raja, ha aajaa)

No comments: